Stunning Digital Photography PRE-ORDER (paperback + eBook)
The top-rated photography ebook of 2012, this paperback book includes 6 hours of video training, free classroom-style photography help, a free ebook download, lifetime updates, and hands-on practices.
Version 3 of Stunning Digital Photography is sold out! PRE-ORDER version 4 today, get instant access to the eBook, and we’ll ship the updated paperback around the last week of January 2014.
The top-rated and best-selling photography book of 2012 and 2013 gives you six innovations no other book offers:
- Free video training. Over 6 hours of video training integrated into the book’s content. Travel around the world with Tony as he teaches you photographic techniques hands-on.
- Classroom-style teacher and peer help. After buying the book, you get access to the private Stunning Digital Photography Readers group on Facebook where you can ask the author questions and post pictures for feedback from Tony and other readers. It’s like being able to raise your hand in class and ask a question!
- Free eBook. This paperback book includes free access to the ebook, which you can copy to your PC, smartphone, or tablet, and bring with you everywhere. It’s the perfect reference when you’re out shooting pictures!
- Lifetime updates. This book is regularly updated with new content (including additional videos) that existing owners receive for free. As new photography trends emerge and new camera equipment and lenses are released, you’ll see them described in the book immediately. You can download free updates through the private Stunning Digital Photography Readers group–be sure to join after you buy the book!
- Hands-on practices. Complete the practices at the end of every chapter to get the real world experience you need.
- 500+ high resolution, original pictures. Detailed example pictures taken by the author in fifteen countries demonstrate both good and bad technique. Many pictures include links to the full-size image so you can zoom in to see every pixel. Most photography books use stock photography, which means the author didn’t even take them. If an author can’t take his own pictures, how can he teach you?
In this book, Tony Northrup (award-winning author of more than 30 how-to books and a professional portrait, wildlife, and landscape photographer) teaches the art and science of creating stunning pictures. First, beginner photographers will master:
- Shutter speed
- Depth-of-field (blurring the background)
- Natural light
- Troubleshooting blurry, dark, and bad pictures
- Pet photography
- Wildlife photography (mammals, birds, insects, fish, and more)
- Sunrises and sunsets
- Forests, waterfalls, and rivers
- Night photography
- Raw files
- Macro/close-up photography
Advanced photographers can skip forward to learn the pro’s secrets for:
- Posing men and women. including corrective posing (checklists provided)
- Portraits (candid, casual, formal, and underwater)
- Remotely triggering flashes
- Using bounce flash and flash modifiers
- Using studio lighting on any budget
- Building a temporary or permanent studio at home
- Shooting your first wedding
- High speed photography
- Location scouting/finding the best spots and times
- Planning shoots around the sun and moon
- Star trails (via long exposure and image stacking)
- Light painting
- Eliminating noise
- Focus stacking for infinite depth-of-field
- Underwater photography
- Getting close to wildlife
- Using electronic shutter triggers
- Photographing moving cars
- Photographing architecture and real estate